As they arise, vacancies are advertised on our website and with the Association of Irish Choirs. Generally, new members must:
- Have good choral and/or instrumental experience.
- Have good sight-singing ability.
- Have a flexible voice with good intonation and the ability to blend with the choir.
- Be open to a wide range of music sung in the original languages.
- Be available for weekly rehearsals in Dublin city centre on Thursday evenings, with additional rehearsals coming up to performances.
Auditions consist of the following:
- Singing a piece of your own choosing which shows your voice to best advantage
- Sight singing
- Ear tests
- Range test
- A brief chat about your musical background
If you wish to arrange an audition, please email firstname.lastname@example.org including your voice type and an outline of your previous experience, and we can let you know if there are any vacancies.
Culture Night 2016 - City Hall Dublin